Self Taught Literature

Nissen08

Hi guys, 

I am slightly worried about Norwegian Self Taught literature. I am decent enough at Norwegian, however I do not know whether or not I should hire a tutor to get practice in literature. I am worried that this grade will go very bad, as it is now because I have no experience with the marking of these papers. The only thing I do know however is that the tachers are supposed to be more lenient when it comes to the marking and grading.

Anyone here who has had exams in a self-taught course?

Which grade did you get?

Doing Further math self-study right now, and so here's a bit of advice:

• Motivate yourself to do well.  You need to be good at learning the material independently, and if you have a problem, learn to solve it on your own instead of overly relying on a teacher (which also goes, to some extent, for courses in general).
  • Get your hands on some past paper questions, and do lots of them.  
  • I don't really know if teachers are actually more lenient - I've never heard this myself tbh.  
  • Start early.  Don't leave things to the last minute - instead, finish what you can earlier on.  Also, you need to learn to deal with procrastination well, and prioritize tasks.  Don't do what I did, which was basically do less important tasks first and leave more important ones later.  

Literature is quite different from maths, so I don't know how much the above can help you.  Hope at least something useful is there.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend that if your school teaches literature on a different language, you should get the notes from someone in that class because the analysis and techniques are somewhat comparable across languages. Although you should not fully rely upon these notes, that should provide a sense of the quality that IB is looking for. 

• Like 1