Physics HL or English Lang and Lit as one of my HL subjects?

Physics or English as an HL subject?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Physics or English as an HL subject?

• Physics
    • English

Here's what I've chosen now : 

HL : Economics, Computer Science
SL : Math, Spanish
Undecided : Physics, English Lang and Lit

I'm a guy who is really into tech, however not amazing at math but with more effort put recently the situation is much better now.
So the problem here is, I've never been amazing at physics. I've always been interested in it, however until this year (pre-IB) I haven't really put much effort. It really is interesting and I think Physics compliments my other choices better than English, however I think English would be easier. 

I'm really struggling with what decision to make :

1. Take Physics HL and English Lang and Lit SL
2. Take Physics SL and English Lang and Lit HL
3. Take both as HLs and drop the harder one
Option 3 seems nice, but there's a chance that there might not be a class to replace the one I drop so there could be problems.

Any advice would be appreciated. If you need more information please ask.

I need to hurry with this so earlier replies would be preferable. :)

They say Physics HL is one of the hardest IB subjects alongside Maths HL o:

I would say it really depends on what you want to do at university. If it is not Physics related then I suggest doing English LangLit HL instead of Physics.

I would say the best thing to do is take both at HL for the first year and drop Physics in the second year because by then you will be DONE with the syllabus so you will basically have a whole year to go over Physics and strengthen yourself with what you have already covered in class ;D

But at the end, it really depends on your strengths and weaknesses on both subjects and what you want to study at university. Think wisely!

Edit; if you hate Mathematics, Physics is a subject that is full of maths (Calculations) so if you are more into memorisation then go with biology SL.

Edited by So Young

Really depends on what you're going to pursue in the future - if you're doing a science-related course, especially in fields such as engineering, then Physics HL would definitely be a good idea.  If you're planning on going into the humanities, then English L&L is probably a better choice.  Physics HL is generally seen as being harder than English L&L HL, in terms of additional work - you only need to do a comparison of two texts instead of an analysis of one in Paper 1, and you have to submit two written tasks as opposed to one for SL.  Physics HL has quite a bit of additional knowledge you'd need to cover compared to SL.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally, i would not recommend you taking physics HL. It is as hard as Math HL. I can see that you chose computer science and i can deduce that you are going to that direction. Let me tell you i am taking Computer Science too and there is no need for Physics HL. Most of the Universities are fine with Physics SL.

1 minute ago, SamirAliyev said:

Personally, i would not recommend you taking physics HL. It is as hard as Math HL. I can see that you chose computer science and i can deduce that you are going to that direction. Let me tell you i am taking Computer Science too and there is no need for Physics HL. Most of the Universities are fine with Physics SL.

Please refrain from reviving old topics, thank you.