Hi everyone,

In essence, I'm really having trouble coming up with a solid topic/research question for my EE. For world studies at my school, we have to do the language, culture, and identity topic, which narrows my choices, but I feel like the things I'm interested in wouldn't be evidence-based enough/have enough info for a 4,000 word essay. For example, at first I wanted to explore the evolution of French in Lebanon over the years (maybe specifically Beirut?), including the societal perceptions of it and potentially decreased usage in comparison to English. However, I was doing some preliminary research and I just don't know how I would get evidence to back up my claims/have things to write about. Plus, I don't know if it's broad enough to write on and am not sure how it would connect to a global issue. So then I moved to maybe doing something with theatre history, and became interested in the Soviet use of agitprop (basically propaganda in theatre form). But to do that, I think I would have to compare it to the same type of situation happening somewhere in the present, and after some research nothing really turned up. There's a lot on theatre being used to resist the government, but not so much the government using theatre to indoctrinate. So can anyone help me create a research question/better focus from these potential topics? Or even suggest new topics, I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Thank you so much!