FOA TIPS and HELP

Hey guys, I'm approaching my first IB internal assessment, the FOA 1. My topic is language and identity and I'm doing the song by Kendrick Lamar - the blacker the berry. I am just wondering how I should structure my FOA and if it is necessary to memorize what I'm going to say or read from cards. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 4:16 AM, Amer14 said:

Hey guys, I'm approaching my first IB internal assessment, the FOA 1. My topic is language and identity and I'm doing the song by Kendrick Lamar - the blacker the berry. I am just wondering how I should structure my FOA and if it is necessary to memorize what I'm going to say or read from cards. Thanks.

The FOA can be structured in any way according to what you've chosen to do. It's an oral activity, so it requires the use of speech.

I do not know what the phrase "I'm going to do the song" means.

I do not think anyone other than yourself would know whether or not you should use cards. Does your teacher say you can read from cards? Will it affect your marks? I don't personally think reading from cards for your FOA during the presentation itself would help.

Can you try re-phrasing your question? I don't think that particular question your asking can be answered.

Edited by Kai_Harry

On 03/05/2017 at 5:32 PM, Kai_Harry said:

The FOA can be structured in any way according to what you've chosen to do. It's an oral activity, so it requires the use of speech.

I do not know what the phrase "I'm going to do the song" means.

I do not think anyone other than yourself would know whether or not you should use cards. Does your teacher say you can read from cards? Will it affect your marks? I don't personally think reading from cards for your FOA during the presentation itself would help.

Can you try re-phrasing your question? I don't think that particular question your asking can be answered.

Hey thank you for replying, by the time you replied I've already completed my foa and presented :)

• Like 1