Do universities look at the work you've done in IAs

I chose university program topics for my internal assessments and they are all based off engineering. I haven't gotten too deep into them because I am worried that if I do all this work, the universities wouldn't care about it. I want to apply to Californian universities fyi. Do you think the unis will give me credit for picking complicated topics or am I just wasting my time. 

Unis in Europe do not even know what you did in your IAs unless you mention it ;) Heck, most won't know what your EE is about!

They don't, unless you send it to them. Still I doubt universities would look deeply into it.

Some schools, I think, don't even have a place where you can submit extra stuff, like the UCs.

They will never look at your IAs unless you are really proud of your work and send it. 

(I mean if my uni looked at my IAs or EE they would probably take back my offers lmao, but it didn't happen)