Stuck between three EE questions, need help!!

Reo

Hey, so I'm doing my EE in geo, and I have three questions, but I need some help. I'm not sure which one to do, or how to make them better. These are them:

1. To what extent does the water quality of the Ottawa River improve between a stretch of 10km?

2. What effect does ecotourism have on the economy of Costa Rice (My supervisor said it should be local, but I recently was there, so could that count? If not, I would turn this into my hometown)

3. To what extent have the local aboriginal tribes been affected by the tourism industry?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

I see you're doing your EE in geography (so am I)

All of the question have the potential for a good EE, but they could be further refined.

When deciding which question to choose, also try to consider is how (easily) you will gather data for your EE.

A tip from my teacher is to have a compare and contrast question - examiner's seem to like it. For instance - question 2 - could look something like this: To what extent does ecotourism provide employment to the local population as opposed to package tourism?

I can't really comment on question 1 as I'm not doing the fresh water option - but as with question 2 you could add more detail. Something like this:

To what extent does the water quality of the Ottawa River improve between a stretch of 10km, with particular emphasis on the concentration of [insert harmful pollutant] and [insert other harmful substance/ or anything found in water that affects its quality].

I've left the blanks for you to fill in, as I have absolutely no idea about the different chemicals in water.

If you decide to go with the third question I suggest you may want to further narrow it down by specifying the term "local". As you're from Canada -presumably from Ottawa - I would include the name of the region - or at least of the state of Ontario.