Music EE - Any advice?

chenji

Hey! I'm doing my EE on music, and this is my current topic: "To what extent can George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue be seen as a hybrid of musical styles?"

I've just begun (my attempts at) writing an introduction for my EE, but I just want to see what others think of my topic first before I begin. Do you think it is suitable for an EE? Is it narrow enough? If not, do you have any suggestions as to how I would improve my title? Also is the TWE opening too cheesy? I've had mixed opinions from several of my teachers about that, some tell the entire class to only use TWE whilst others say to avoid it entirely if possible...

Previous revisions of my title include: In what ways has the European Classical genre influenced George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue? // To what extent can George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue be considered a European Classical piece?

I'm also having trouble with writing my introduction. I'm not exactly clear on what would be good to include - should I include background information on Gershwin, the Rhapsody, the era etc.? Do I define the terms in my question (e.g. hybrid, Rhapsody)? Or do I just mention my aim/purpose of the essay and give a brief summary of what the essay involves?

Any helpful advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. 

Thanks! :D

Edited by chenji