Deleted

Trixie Mattel

Although strictly this should be sociology, it sounds closer to IB Anthropology than Psychology, because there is significant aspects of culture and society. Your first RQ can be made more neutral by not using the word "blamed". It is also advisable to avoid usage of "discriminatory views" (how can you justify a view is discriminatory? Only actions and policies can be discriminatory) or "political successes". I like how certain RQs grounds the discussion to US. In fact, I think your favorite topic is the one that needs to be narrowed very much, given consideration that in many countries there are no data on cultural views and spread of HIV and AIDS. Keep in mind that EE is an inquiry-based and data-based research paper so you have to consider how accessible the data are. Because homosexuality remains a taboo in many places of the world that your EE will be sent to, you should ground the discussion on HIV/AIDS and avoid RQs like the one on gay culture. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kw0573 said:

Although strictly this should be sociology, it sounds closer to IB Anthropology than Psychology, because there is significant aspects of culture and society. Your first RQ can be made more neutral by not using the word "blamed". It is also advisable to avoid usage of "discriminatory views" (how can you justify a view is discriminatory? Only actions and policies can be discriminatory) or "political successes". I like how certain RQs grounds the discussion to US. In fact, I think your favorite topic is the one that needs to be narrowed very much, given consideration that in many countries there are no data on cultural views and spread of HIV and AIDS. Keep in mind that EE is an inquiry-based and data-based research paper so you have to consider how accessible the data are. Because homosexuality remains a taboo in many places of the world that your EE will be sent to, you should ground the discussion on HIV/AIDS and avoid RQs like the one on gay culture. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this incredibly thorough answer! All of the feedback you provided is invaluable.

How do you feel about this: To what extent does the differing political treatment of homosexuals in the United States, Germany, and Russia correlate with a discrepancy in HIV and AIDS infection rates?

I was originally thinking about doing just the U.S. and Russia, but I chose Germany as well because it has some of the lowest rates of HIV infection in the world as well as more progressive societal views and political treatment of queer people than either Russia or the U.S. Do you think I should focus instead on just Russia and America? 

Thanks for everything!