Should I take Physics HL or English L&L HL?

sebinho11

So far my IB is Math HL, Spanish HL, Economics SL, Biology SL and I don´t know if I should take English SL and Physics HL or viceversa. I´m really into Math(my fav subject) and I love to learn about all this weird physics(like Rick & Morty). My dilema is that I really don´t want my IB to be a headache, and neither I would like my averge 7 to get worse.

I do Math HL, English HL and Physics SL 

I am very strong in maths, and slightly less so in english (but still at the top of my cohort). If that is the case for you (strong in both) I would suggest doing HL English (I'm assuming Lit) and SL Physics. This is because I don't think there is a significant difference between HL and SL English (guiding questions for commentary, slightly easier marking), whereas HL physics will require you to learn more concepts and execute questions of a higher calibre. **Remember this is if you are strong at both.

If you don't enjoy the lateral thinking of poetry analysis and essay writing, then I would recommend doing Physics HL.

Sidenote: A lot of people who take HL English aren't that strong at English (90% of my cohort take it), whereas those taking HL physics are usually very good at maths and may have done some physics before. This consideration definitely swayed me.

Edited by Meme Lord 8000