TOK, After KQ

Vedika

Hi, I chose my KQ a few days ago and as I don't have access to TOK teacher or mentors, I need a little help in developing it, and know what to do further. My KQ is "how do we know something’s bad for us?"

Please guide me on how to precede further and how to form a mind map.

If I were you, I would look into a real life situation (unless you have chosen that already). Then identify AOK's (areas of knowing) and WOK's (ways of knowing). If you are doing your presentation alone, it should be ok to choose 1 or 2 AOKS and 1 or 2 WOKs.

eg. Reason and Emotions as WOK's

AOK: ethics

From that point on, you develop an argument in favour of or against your KQ for each of the WOK's, considering your AOK.

Hope this helps. Is this for your presentation?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, astonky said:

If I were you, I would look into a real life situation (unless you have chosen that already). Then identify AOK's (areas of knowing) and WOK's (ways of knowing). If you are doing your presentation alone, it should be ok to choose 1 or 2 AOKS and 1 or 2 WOKs.

eg. Reason and Emotions as WOK's

AOK: ethics

From that point on, you develop an argument in favour of or against your KQ for each of the WOK's, considering your AOK.

Hope this helps. Is this for your presentation?

Dear astonky,

Thank you, you were very helpful. Although I would not prefer bringing Ethics anywhere near my presentation.

13 hours ago, Vedika said:

Dear astonky,

Thank you, you were very helpful. Although I would not prefer bringing Ethics anywhere near my presentation.

Yes, ethics is notoriously difficult to do right in a presentation. That was just the first AOK that came to my mind with your KQ. But I guess language and/or human sciences would also work.

9 hours ago, astonky said:

Yes, ethics is notoriously difficult to do right in a presentation. That was just the first AOK that came to my mind with your KQ. But I guess language and/or human sciences would also work.

okay..

Thank you!