Any last minute advice for A1 Eng. IOP?

KiwiFruit

Well, Today was my IOP but it was a rehersal tomorrow is my real IOP also SL and i have to say is keep it natural, dont make a big deal out of it so that you dont start to get worried reallly think of it as a IA to talk! as simple as that , Keep in mind its your teacher, friends and all so simply keep it simple! and ENJOY it, try to be second , not the first so that your not scared but not the last where the teacher and the other students get bored so be fresh

Good Luck for the both of us and after you finish tell me how you do so will I

i have a rehearsal tomorrow and my real iop next week! feel kinda bad that i havent really started properly working on it. but i agree with what dexter said, in the end you're just talking to your teacher and your friends which is something you do every day anyway. don't get too nervous and rather think about how you're gonna feel after it than right before it

Today was my practice, i think i did reallly good, I didnt stop and forget a line its all natural, I used good use of Quotes, good use of the writers style ( in my case was Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys) talked about the character and one mian tip that previous kids have done in my school is that When you introduce your oral and what you are going to do, say what your going to be talking about in the Discussion part, many kids dont mention that they are going to talk about that Diction and Imagery and then all of a sudden in the discussion talk about that so take it one step at a time and use KEY WORDS from the novel or KEY WORDS you have concluded such as "Round Character", "Absurd" This thursday is my real Oral wish me luck!

I thought we were not aloud to see our score ?!

that just makes me mad, only because my teacher strictly said no - your never gonna know. Its hard to detach from something like that lol.

but good job on your oral :P

I believe..believe..I got a 30/30. Watching the pen make circles down the far right row of the rubric, was v e r y rewarding :P

I thought we were not aloud to see our score ?!

that just makes me mad, only because my teacher strictly said no - your never gonna know. Its hard to detach from something like that lol.

You will eventually find out. Your IBC will reveal your component grades two weeks or so after you get your final IB results.

• 2 weeks later...

though you've already done it, i'll give my advice for any future readers needing the hints as well.

1. KNOW YOUR OUTLINE backwards and forwards

2. Rehearse. Don't have it memorized word for word, but the more often you rehearse it with the outline, you'll discover phrases that you like and it'll be much easier to put it all together for your actual presentation

3. My advice is to not use notecards, or if you do, only one with a few words on it. If you have them, you'll look at them.

4. and don't be too nervous. Remember, any mistakes can be clarified at the ending question portion <3

PS. you guys get to have practice ones? that's way cool... we just got our one chance to do it right. But then we had one-hour classes of thirty kids each... it took a week as it was.

I didn't have any notecards (or cue cards as we call them here), but just two pages with all my notes about the outline of my presentation and so forth. However, I looked at it for maybe 1% - 2% of my entire presentation. Since I was doing a powerpoint, I just read off the main points and expanded on them. Surprisingly, all the information was in my head and I did superb. My teacher liked the fact that I didn't rely on notes, that I KNEW and was confident in what I was talking about. He gave me around a 90+ since I saw a bit of the marking sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

My IOP is in February. Our teacher advised us to focus on imagery as well as the author, because you can't really get a 7 unless you relate everything to how the author used it and how it relates to his or her background. He also advised us to choose a "normal" method (commentary), as opposed to a creative response.