Good luck to the IB students taking May 2017 Exams!

sodonewithib

An important point to mention here is that you should not let stress of the IB exams have an impact on your performance. Fair enough, you need a specific set of grades to achieve your offers but once you finish the IB you'll realize how such stress hindered your performance. Go into each exam fresh and give it all you got. Then, regardless of the outcome you'll know you gave it all you had and left everything in that exam room. That's all one can ever ask from anyone. 

With that said, I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck in your upcoming exams. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Djsporting said:

An important point to mention here is that you should not let stress of the IB exams have an impact on your performance. Fair enough, you need a specific set of grades to achieve your offers but once you finish the IB you'll realize how such stress hindered your performance. Go into each exam fresh and give it all you got. Then, regardless of the outcome you'll know you gave it all you had and left everything in that exam room. That's all one can ever ask from anyone. 

With that said, I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck in your upcoming exams. 

Thanks for the tip- on a side note: I see you took your Eco HL exams as well. How did you score for your essays? Do you think structure of your essay is more important than general knowledge? 

Oh how I wished April had more days. Or an extra month...or two...

I've got Bio HL, English HL, Math SL and History HL. I had to write my final exams for Chem SL and French SL last year while I was in grade 11 :D which I am thankful now because I could not handle Bio and Chem.

Good luck to you guys - we will make it!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake_Lover said:

Oh how I wished April had more days. Or an extra month...or two...

I've got Bio HL, English HL, Math SL and History HL. I had to write my final exams for Chem SL and French SL last year while I was in grade 11 :D which I am thankful now because I could not handle Bio and Chem.

Good luck to you guys - we will make it!!

Good luck to you too man. How's math coming along?

21 hours ago, Nibu said:

Thanks for the tip- on a side note: I see you took your Eco HL exams as well. How did you score for your essays? Do you think structure of your essay is more important than general knowledge? 

Paper 1 I scored a high 6. I'd say you must find a balance between structure and general knowledge. Basically, what you want is something that flows. Start by defining the key terms, even the most basic ones as these are easy marks and fit well into the introduction. Then proceed with the PEE structure i.e. Point, Explanation, Example. Real life examples for both Micro and Macro of  current affairs will be the difference between that high 6 and that 7 so its worth having a few of them on hand. 

Edited by Djsporting
  • Like 1