On the verge of a mental break down: How to un-burn myself?

biochem

HHmmm.. I dont think I could ever wait for somethnig so big as my english oral the day before. I would um. pass out.

the worst part is, my friend and I admitted to each other, that we thought about holding our breath till we pass out for a couple of seconds to get out of an internal assessment. just a thought we both had, dont take me seriously :D

But. yeah. I created this thread a long time ago, and I am loving the advice, but as always I am not taking it to be honest. The only thing I got from you, and this is just to be honest, is i need to research this paracetamol you speak of. never heard of it :) However, I did rest yesterday since it was valentines day/Brithday. My friends took me out, and made sure I didnt touch the books. hehe

and hermine I :P your class line up. Very nice! I wish I could have taken IB physics also, but I have to stick with AP physics instead. Oh well :o

paracetamol is Acedaminaphin...its a little stronger than tylenol...but like they said dont use it, it can really mess up your insides

you said that your not takin it to be honost....im just gonna tell you what i do when i feel like my heads about to explode

i go for a run and take my ipod...it doesnt have to be a long one, just enough that my head has been completely emptied of worries by the nonsense music i happen to be listenin to at the time :]

or if the weather isnt good enough for that i put my nonsense music on really load in my room and jump on my bed :)

i no im not 5 anymore but hey it makes me feel better and then i can go back to work

and about the perfectionist bit...its never gonna be perfect so dont stick with it forever :P

paracetamol is Acedaminaphin...its a little stronger than tylenol...but like they said dont use it, it can really mess up your insides

Uh oh, my insides are messed up then. Oh well. Tylenol does wonders when you don't sleep haha. As long as you don't OD and aren't dependent on it, oh well, I guess. It's a lot better than taking other more intense drugs.

you said that your not takin it to be honost....im just gonna tell you what i do when i feel like my heads about to explode

When I feel like that, I'm usually on the verge of fainting so a run wouldn't be such a good idea haha. Really stressed = shower because the water calms me and I can think at the same time so saving time => less stressed! :P

So true Irene. I think they mean like they are overwhelmed (and actually slept the night before), and then go for a run. I usually am exhausted physically, a walk home for the bus stop is strenuous. lol.

And you take ^? works wonders.. I have got to try this. I am immune to red bull, monster, coffee + other E stuff. Only 5 hour energy works (gaining resistance). Now, I can try something new ^_^

So true Irene. I think they mean like they are overwhelmed (and actually slept the night before), and then go for a run. I usually am exhausted physically, a walk home for the bus stop is strenuous. lol.

And you take ^? works wonders.. I have got to try this. I am immune to red bull, monster, coffee + other E stuff. Only 5 hour energy works (gaining resistance). Now, I can try something new :)

Tylenol just gets rid of my pulsating headaches (which incidentally, are probably from not sleeping enough, eating well, etc etc). Then again, I have a big bottle of 'Extra Strength' tablets and I usually take 2 so I dunno how effective the normal strength ones are. ^_^

I am not promoting the usage of Tylenol and other legal drugs to ease headaches! Sleep is better anyway. -_-

Tylenol just gets rid of my pulsating headaches (which incidentally, are probably from not sleeping enough, eating well, etc etc). Then again, I have a big bottle of 'Extra Strength' tablets and I usually take 2 so I dunno how effective the normal strength ones are. ^_^

I am not promoting the usage of Tylenol and other legal drugs to ease headaches! Sleep is better anyway. -_-

Oh sorry :) I meant, paracetamol. do u use that? cause I am looking for somethnig new to try as far as energy drinks.

I try to get 8 hours of sleep, but when that doesnt cut it, I eat quite frequently- nothing too calorific, just 100 percentfruit juice, dried fruit, nuts, granola, sandwiches, milk, cereal, even peanut butter and dark chocolate. Fluids help too, but nothing that falls into the category of soda and the like.

I try to get 8 hours of sleep, but when that doesnt cut it, I eat quite frequently- nothing too calorific, just 100 percentfruit juice, dried fruit, nuts, granola, sandwiches, milk, cereal, even peanut butter and dark chocolate. Fluids help too, but nothing that falls into the category of soda and the like.

I have 8 hours of sleep as well, and i only study for about 2 hours max a day. I'm finding that I'm coping reasonably well for all my subjects with the exception of mandarine because I've been slacking and not learning all the words.

Thats very good then for you guys. Must feel rested. Let see, 8 hours would mean I go to sleep at 9 o_O. Which I can say is definitely impossible. 10 is like once every 3 months or so, I might come home and collapse by that time. And again I want to stress, that we are all in different programs and different countries. What your HL chem teacher might require for a certain topic, isnt what mine might be doing :/

But I greatly appreciate the advice! I am liking the varied responses. thank you so much, if u have more advice keep on posting ^_^

and fruit is a great thing to eat at those late hours. We already know apples work, but sour things like red grapefruit are also amazing. strawberries and kiwi.

thats a good question, here are some of the perpetual things in my schedule:

Biology: teacher is an amazing scientists and college professor. The class time is very strenuous as weekly we have a lab + extremely quick-taking but long notes. the philosophy is if u know more and above the HL syllabus, you will score a 7. So its a lot of worksheet (packets to complete) weekly along with labs, + other external research we are told to bring in.

Chemistry: we have an extremely smart teacher, who took calculus 6; is an engineer, but she cant relay concepts. so its a crap load of reading, she just assigns practice problems which are always checked for accuracy. The labs that are done, about every 2 weeks, require literary 12 + hours of sitting time to do. I am not joking. We have to research everything. My labs in comparison to college students are nothing, are way beyond what they do. its an IA every time.

Spanish: memorizing poems + 15-20 vocab every rotation + lots of orals + reading comprehension (look up words u dont get).

English: vocab tests, vocab book, AP style quizzes in MC format + essays + lots of reading nightly.

History: this one is a killer. We have online quizzes, mostly 2 (10-20 questions each MC), every rotation for new + recycled information. We are assigned anywhere from a single page - 4 pages of terms to learn (15-50) per rotation. AP DBQs in class + essay development.

Math = easy class, we have it really good with flexible HW + take-home quizzes.

TOK = journaling every class + quiz on 20 page readings + tok paper writing + active discussion (class grade).

But for the most part, I dont really sleep much. 2-3 am is a good bed time. I wake up at 5 am.

My only advice is : TAKE OMEGA 3/FISH OIL.

Ok well they do work a little and helps you to concentrate more.

Also drink more coffee.

REALLY? i took them for like a wk for my friends ee experiment and the only thing i noticed was that my blood pressure plummeted.

to biochem:

man you are being overworked. your workload sounds like the whole ib course, squared.

when was the last time you slept in?!

just try a single day to go out and have fun with non-ib friends and detach yourself from all traces of ib. get home and for once, SLEEP.

and then maybe you'll feel refreshed again?

otherwise there's always something called sleeping pills...that or caffeine. but i'm pretty sure your body is already accustomed to that :hmmph:

REALLY? i took them for like a wk for my friends ee experiment and the only thing i noticed was that my blood pressure plummeted.

to biochem:

man you are being overworked. your workload sounds like the whole ib course, squared.

when was the last time you slept in?!

just try a single day to go out and have fun with non-ib friends and detach yourself from all traces of ib. get home and for once, SLEEP.

and then maybe you'll feel refreshed again?

otherwise there's always something called sleeping pills...that or caffeine. but i'm pretty sure your body is already accustomed to that :hmmph:

I don't know either, i just heard they're good so i'm taking them.