Help with TOK presentation

mizyou

My partner and I are doing a tok presentation on "to what extent do emotions affect the reliability of eyewitness testimonies"
We are going to start out with a stranger running into the classroom to steal my friends laptop and then tell the audience that its part of the presentation. we then will ask them the height of the stranger and what the stranger wore. This will show how unreliable eyewitness testimonies are.we will continue with introduction to the issue. We give two theories on emotion and memory from the psychological point of view which contradicts each other. Were thinking that this is not really tok, and its more like psychology so anyone have any ideas how to make it tok?

Please help!!
Thank you.

since this is the presentation you need to focus it on at least three areas of knowledge.

perhaps; natural science, ethics, and history?

History could be a court case as an example.
Ethics can argue whether if eyewitnessing is ethical
Natural science can explain why emotions negatively affect our senses.

Research this in depth and it could really enhance your presentation.
i hope this helps[:

[quote name='bryana_nc' post='29540' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:23 AM']since this is the presentation you need to focus it on at least three areas of knowledge.

perhaps; natural science, ethics, and history?

History could be a court case as an example.
Ethics can argue whether if eyewitnessing is ethical
Natural science can explain why emotions negatively affect our senses.

Research this in depth and it could really enhance your presentation.
i hope this helps[:[/quote]

thank you so much!!
my parnter and i will add this to our presentation.

[quote name='mizyou' post='29225' date='Nov 29 2008, 10:26 AM']My partner and I are doing a tok presentation on "to what extent do emotions affect the reliability of eyewitness testimonies"
We are going to start out with a stranger running into the classroom to steal my friends laptop and then tell the audience that its part of the presentation. we then will ask them the height of the stranger and what the stranger wore. This will show how unreliable eyewitness testimonies are.we will continue with introduction to the issue. We give two theories on emotion and memory from the psychological point of view which contradicts each other. Were thinking that this is not really tok, and its more like psychology so anyone have any ideas how to make it tok?

Please help!!
Thank you.[/quote]

wow that's so weird cause me and my partner are doing something similar, except we're not just using emotions. Good Luck!!

you're welcome.
i think your initial
demonstration is good so you should keep it.

i have to present mine in a "mock" tomorrow, its
[b]is religion necessary in defining our morals and values?[/b]

its sounds reeeaaaaalll stupid now;
but i thought it was a good idea.

its so friggin'' broad.
oh well;;
i hope urs go well[:

[quote name='mizyou' post='29225' date='Nov 29 2008, 10:26 AM']My partner and I are doing a tok presentation on "to what extent do emotions affect the reliability of eyewitness testimonies"

Please help!!
Thank you.[/quote]

Actually, I think it's pretty interesting. I did my topic on "Does History Gives Us Truth?" and in it, I talked about how this woman was watching tv when someone broke into her house. When she tried to recall what the person looked like, she gave a description of the person she was watching at that time instead. You can easily relate something like this to emotions. You can also talk about perspective (ie. the human brain can only remember a certain number of colours). Anyway, good luck!