How to choose my subjects

Lai

Hello everyone, I am facing a serious dilemma choosing my IB subs. I am going to start IB this August and I still not very sure what I wanna do in the future. My current subject combination is (HL) Maths Bio Econs (SL) History Spanish English L&L. Basically, I choose all these subjects based on my interest in them in secondary school,  which means I didn't actually take my future career path into account. I was previously a science stream stu but i find myself just average in sciences, and thats why i picked only one science and two humanities (and i like history). But after doing my research, this particular subject combination of mine seems will give me a bleak future as: 
1. I probably wouldnt be able to become an engineer (as i didnt choose PHYSICS HL which opens up a lot of opportunities if combined  with MATH HL) *i learned that PHYSICS HL is not for everyone and i aint a physics frenzy, thus decided to not take it
2. I might wanna be a lawyer, still not very sure bout that tho, so currently history in the sl will be good enough as  i was told that history sl is tough enough
So what  left with me will be those economics, accounting, financial field which I am unfamiliar with (a secondary school sc stream stu). I am really fcked up right now 
SO i am asking valuable opinions to help me  evaluate my choice of subjects as above (can give me alternative combinations) or perhaps some advice to help me figure out my future path (in short,anything u think might help just tell me)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!  

I personally believe that passion is very important in order to score high in IB. If you do not even have a slight interest in the subject, no matter how the career path is great, you won't really score that high.  

I hope someone who is now studying engineering or law can help you with the subject choices, personally I think it is decent and can have multiple career paths when applying for university. 

Good luck with your subject choices.

As far as law is concerned, you can take any subject combination. So if you are concerned with pursuing law getting a 42-45 in the most easiest subjects is better than getting in the low 30s with challenging subjects. An undergraduate law programme is competitive and hence, an easy subject combination will help in getting better points. 

17 hours ago, krisnri said:

As far as law is concerned, you can take any subject combination. So if you are concerned with pursuing law getting a 42-45 in the most easiest subjects is better than getting in the low 30s with challenging subjects. An undergraduate law programme is competitive and hence, an easy subject combination will help in getting better points. 

It depends what university she wants to get in... Good law schools tend to ask an average of 38-40 points... Also you can pursue many careers with this subject combination, economics is a great subject to choose as it opens a path for many university courses. Good luck in finding the right combination :)