Biology HL Paper 1

joshiewonga

I think we can discuss Paper 1 and 2, but not Paper 3 as 24 hours haven't passed by yet.

Paper 1 and 2 were definitely rather challenging – Paper 2 more so for me. Paper 1 had an unprecedented number of data analysis questions, but I think I did fine. Hopefully would just get a 34~/40. 

Paper 2 had the hardest data-based question I've ever encountered, and I couldn't define osmolarity XD. Essay questions also weren't too my liking – none of the ones I was hoping for came out. Still, I think I did decently overall, and Paper 3 saved me so bad (perfect score on Paper 3 would be amazing lmao)

Paper 1 was just bad, I dont think there is a word to describe how it went. It was just terrible. Paper 2 was 50/50 I'd say. Section B, expected different questions or at least one easier from Topic 2, but they decided not to put any.

Edited by JonasK

Just reminder to all future posters: Avoid mention of specific details on Biology Paper 3 as there are people who HAVE NOT taken the exam yet. To be honest, I'm not even sure if we're allowed to discuss it yet, even in extreme generality.

Only Paper 1 and 2 are up for discussion now I think, as all timezones have completed their exams, and about 24 hours have passed.

• Like 1

Paper 1 was really bad for me. I feel like all the past papers were way easier. And Paper 2 I misunderstood the last question, and couldn't draw the damn amino acid. I'll at least have lost 12 points from that. and a bunch of other stuff. in general this exam was **** :) oops. lets hope my other subjects can bring my points up

Edited by christinaa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

Ok real quick I think you should edit out that detail on Paper 3 – there are others who haven't taken the exams yet.

I actually found Paper 3 to be the easiest of the three papers, though some of the topics present were ones I literally just reviewed in the morning. 

But yeah I agree Paper 2 being 50/50 and Paper 1 was generally a very tough paper. Think overall boundaries will either stay the same or a little bit lower, with lower grade boundaries on Papers 1 & 2, but higher boundaries on Paper 3. 

You will also have to delete the quote. It still includes paper 3 content. Thank you so much. 

1 hour ago, christinaa said:

Paper 1 was really bad for me. I feel like all the past papers were way easier. And Paper 2 I misunderstood the last question, and couldn't draw the damn amino acid. I'll at least have lost 12 points from that. Plus, I couldn't define osmolarity... :) oops. 

Haha yeah I messed the osmolarity question, too, but it was only 1 mark right? 

Edited by joshiewonga

14 hours ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

I think we can discuss Paper 1 and 2, but not Paper 3 as 24 hours haven't passed by yet.

Paper 1 and 2 were definitely rather challenging – Paper 2 more so for me. Paper 1 had an unprecedented number of data analysis questions, but I think I did fine. Hopefully would just get a 34~/40. 

Paper 2 had the hardest data-based question I've ever encountered, and I couldn't define osmolarity XD. Essay questions also weren't too my liking – none of the ones I was hoping for came out. Still, I think I did decently overall, and Paper 3 saved me so bad (perfect score on Paper 3 would be amazing lmao)

The question about the reaction in the liver really threw me off - but in Paper 2 I really struggled with the data analysis as well though I hope I interpreted the data correctly. I hope I did decently overall..

2 hours ago, sarah_kupke said:

The question about the reaction in the liver really threw me off - but in Paper 2 I really struggled with the data analysis as well though I hope I interpreted the data correctly. I hope I did decently overall..

Liver? U meant the exocrine cell of pancreas (paper 1 num 3)?