May 09 Case Study

I can think of questions:

1. What is a socially responsible business?

2. What is a joint venture and how will it benefit Les Maisonettes?

3. What are niche markets?

4. What are NGOs and how do they help communities?

5. How does market segmentation facilitate marketing?

6. What are economies of scale and how do they benefit the business?

7. Evaluate the threat of competition.

8. What are business plans and budgets? How do the forecasting tools help the business?

9. Differentiate between the different management styles.

10. What is absenteeism? How is it calculated?

11. How does legislation affect Les Maisonettes?

12. What is the business's USP and how might it help marketing?

13. Evaluate the 4 options, and choose a suitable way forward.

14. Find alternate sources of income that the business can implement.

15. Seek ways of increasing occupancy in the months with low occupancy rates.

They certainly won't be asking you to make any financials, but a breakeven chart might be in order.

By the way that's also the case study for Nov 09.

Our business teacher's a paper 1 examiner so yea I'll probably be adding to that list of questions once we start practicing it. =P Thanks for the suggestions tho! I'll be sure to show them to our teacher and see what answers I'll get from him and I'll post'em.

Btw make this thread a sticky?

• 3 weeks later...
I can think of questions:

1. What is a socially responsible business?

2. What is a joint venture and how will it benefit Les Maisonettes?

3. What are niche markets?

4. What are NGOs and how do they help communities?

5. How does market segmentation facilitate marketing?

6. What are economies of scale and how do they benefit the business?

7. Evaluate the threat of competition.

8. What are business plans and budgets? How do the forecasting tools help the business?

9. Differentiate between the different management styles.

10. What is absenteeism? How is it calculated?

11. How does legislation affect Les Maisonettes?

12. What is the business's USP and how might it help marketing?

13. Evaluate the 4 options, and choose a suitable way forward.

14. Find alternate sources of income that the business can implement.

15. Seek ways of increasing occupancy in the months with low occupancy rates.

They certainly won't be asking you to make any financials, but a breakeven chart might be in order.

Mr Aboo thanks this will make revisionmuch more easier. Dint know how helpful this forums were bt the painful thing is that internet access is limited so i can never work up to being a VIP with mor benefits. However thanks again and are you a real IB moderator?

Mr Aboo thanks this will make revisionmuch more easier. Dint know how helpful this forums were bt the painful thing is that internet access is limited so i can never work up to being a VIP with mor benefits. However thanks again nd r u a real IB moderator?

Anytime. And no, of course not. None of us in the forum are 'real' IB moderators ;)

• 2 weeks later...

These are some of the questions we got. Hope you find them helpful

1) In 2004, Sophie converted Les Maisonnettes to a private limited company. Do you think this was a wise decision. What are the advantages and disadvantages she could face.

2) Analyze problems that start-up businesses like Les Maisonnettes face.

3) Discuss the role of Les Maisonnette’s mission statement in achieving Sophie’s objectives

4 a) Discuss the impact of setting ethical objectives on the business?

b) Analyze reasons why LM has chosen different strategies towards their social responsibilities.

5) Discuss why LM’s consumer attitudes towards social responsibility may change over time.

6) Prepare a PESTG ( G- globalization) analysis and use it to analyze the impact of the external environment on Les Maisonnettes

7) Evaluate the impact of the external environment on the LM’s objectives.

8) Explain how opportunities and threats can impact the options that Sophie is considering

9) In the light of Sophie’s plans for growth, describe the importance of information that could be detailed in a business plan

10) Apply the Fishbone analysis (Ishikawa diagram) to the four options for Les Masionnette’s future direction. HL

Edited by lucifer

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Could you also post the case study again as i still havn't got one and am now getting a bit worried. I cannotdownload the first one for some reason

Thanks

i think it is because i am not in the VIP group. How do i join this group? I am sure i will be able to offer help and support at a later date but don't really know whet is needed yet

Guest Philippe Arni
i think it is because i am not in the VIP group. How do i join this group? I am sure i will be able to offer help and support at a later date but don't really know whet is needed yet

Hasn't your teacher given you one yet? Humm, anyways you need to pay for the services in order to profit from such downloads. Read the FAQ but I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out how to become a VIP and the process you have to go through <3