Economics Higher Level Paper 3 Predictions?

shellziess

omg lmao i literally predicted 2x of the 4 mark questions in the morning of exams. Had a hunch limitations of comparative advantage might come up since it's one of those things that you can really only talk about for a 4 mark question, and I red through my old Nov 2015 Paper 3. Then, there was a 4 mark question on limitations of comparative advantage, as well as a 4 mark ToF question that's EXACTLY the same from Nov 2015 XD 

Best paper 3 of my life. 

13 minutes ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

omg lmao i literally predicted 2x of the 4 mark questions in the morning of exams. Had a hunch limitations of comparative advantage might come up since it's one of those things that you can really only talk about for a 4 mark question, and I red through my old Nov 2015 Paper 3. Then, there was a 4 mark question on limitations of comparative advantage, as well as a 4 mark ToF question that's EXACTLY the same from Nov 2015 XD 

Best paper 3 of my life. 

The comparative advantage question was great but I got very confused about working out welfare loss and etc. for question two. It was an okay paper I guess hahaha

7 minutes ago, shellziess said:

The comparative advantage question was great but I got very confused about working out welfare loss and etc. for question two. It was an okay paper I guess hahaha

Hmm I can't remember any question on welfare loss – wasn't it social surplus? Don't really remember most of what the calculations asked for but comparing it with friends we got quite similar answers.

Imo Question 1 was easier than Question 2 (not to sure about Current Account calc since I remember there are net trade of goods & services, and both current and income transfers so I got about -31 or something but I'm seeing -29 or other answers etc.)

1 minute ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

Hmm I can't remember any question on welfare loss – wasn't it social surplus? Don't really remember most of what the calculations asked for but comparing it with friends we got quite similar answers.

Imo Question 1 was easier than Question 2

I did not like question 1 at all so I chose question 2&3. I mean I ended up answering the questions but I just hope for a 6 in paper 3 coz I know I did very well in paper 1 and 2. 

9 minutes ago, shellziess said:

I did not like question 1 at all so I chose question 2&3. I mean I ended up answering the questions but I just hope for a 6 in paper 3 coz I know I did very well in paper 1 and 2. 

Paper 1 has always been my weakest paper, and though I loved the part b) questions given, I don't feel like I made use of such an opportunity as well as I'd like. Just hoping for a 37-39/50. 

Paper 2 and Paper 3 were amazing particularly because I only revised specific topics the night before and they all came out XD (plus representation from my country in one of the case studies #Indonesia) Hoping for a high 7 on Paper 2 and a mid-7 on Paper 3. 

1 hour ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

Paper 1 has always been my weakest paper, and though I loved the part b) questions given, I don't feel like I made use of such an opportunity as well as I'd like. Just hoping for a 37-39/50. 

Paper 2 and Paper 3 were amazing particularly because I only revised specific topics the night before and they all came out XD (plus representation from my country in one of the case studies #Indonesia) Hoping for a high 7 on Paper 2 and a mid-7 on Paper 3. 

Paper 2 was so nice. I did not take the Indonesia one (took Kenya and Zambia) but all of the case studies had good topics. I always do better in Paper 1 so I am hoping for a 7 on paper 1 and 2 and like a 6 in paper 3 

1 hour ago, shellziess said:

Paper 2 was so nice. I did not take the Indonesia one (took Kenya and Zambia) but all of the case studies had good topics. I always do better in Paper 1 so I am hoping for a 7 on paper 1 and 2 and like a 6 in paper 3 

That sounds reasonable. Think the boundary will go up to a 76 for a 7 from 74 last year, or do you think it might go all the way up to 78 like in May 2014?