Sign in to follow this  

Help For Math SL IA Logarithms!

Hey, I am almost done with my portfolio for Logarithms in IB Math SL but i am having some trouble with justification on the first part where it says "Write your expressions in the for p/q where p,q,E,Z. [b]Justify your answer using technology."[/b]

I have no idea what kind of a written explanation i should write. Any points on this would be appreciated. Please help a fellow IB Victim.

:sadnod:

Edited by rahul_oms

my teacher said that to word it just say something along the lines of "i used a calculator to verify and double check the answers that i obtained and to test more logarithms to prove my expression with p and q when elements of z, or all real intergers."

Im done with the entire investigation, but im stuck on one of the questions.
Im not entirely sure what to do...

"Discuss the scope and/or limitations of a, b, and x."

What does it mean by scopes and limitations? What do i have to include? How much should i "discuss" it?

I would be really grateful for any help! Edited by Lile1417

[quote name='Lile1417' post='30273' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:54 PM']Im done with the entire investigation, but im stuck on one of the questions.
Im not entirely sure what to do...

"Discuss the scope and/or limitations of a, b, and x."

What does it mean by scopes and limitations? What do i have to include? How much should i "discuss" it?

I would be really grateful for any help![/quote]

You know how you developed a general statement or w/e right? Basically your just explaing what can or cannot work. Like real numbers, rational, irrational, complex, all that jazz. U should discuss a lot here i think* and make sures it not too wordy and not repetitive. should be 1 page i guess long typed.

Yeah, as the post above mentions, you are supposed to test different numbers in your general statement, and say ''a/b/x can only take this specific set of values because otherwise the statement doesnt work because...''

I just got mine back and got 18 points on it. Was a lot of hard work.

But I did loose a mark on the scope, values and limitations. But I now now what you have to do. Basically, what you do is state what the properties of a, b and x must follow. For example. Do they have to be R, Z, or Q? Can it equal to zero? Can it be negative?

Discuss it, point out what the properties are and [i]why [/i]they are this way. The [i]why [/i]is where I lost points in. But otherwise, I'm happy with my score :P