Help For Math SL IA Logarithms!

rahul_oms

Hey, I am almost done with my portfolio for Logarithms in IB Math SL but i am having some trouble with justification on the first part where it says "Write your expressions in the for p/q where p,q,E,Z. [b]Justify your answer using technology."[/b]

I have no idea what kind of a written explanation i should write. Any points on this would be appreciated. Please help a fellow IB Victim.

:sadnod:

Edited by rahul_oms

• 2 weeks later...

Im done with the entire investigation, but im stuck on one of the questions.
Im not entirely sure what to do...

"Discuss the scope and/or limitations of a, b, and x."

What does it mean by scopes and limitations? What do i have to include? How much should i "discuss" it?

I would be really grateful for any help!

Edited by Lile1417

[quote name='Lile1417' post='30273' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:54 PM']Im done with the entire investigation, but im stuck on one of the questions.
Im not entirely sure what to do...

"Discuss the scope and/or limitations of a, b, and x."

What does it mean by scopes and limitations? What do i have to include? How much should i "discuss" it?

I would be really grateful for any help![/quote]

You know how you developed a general statement or w/e right? Basically your just explaing what can or cannot work. Like real numbers, rational, irrational, complex, all that jazz. U should discuss a lot here i think* and make sures it not too wordy and not repetitive. should be 1 page i guess long typed.

I just got mine back and got 18 points on it. Was a lot of hard work.

But I did loose a mark on the scope, values and limitations. But I now now what you have to do. Basically, what you do is state what the properties of a, b and x must follow. For example. Do they have to be R, Z, or Q? Can it equal to zero? Can it be negative?

Discuss it, point out what the properties are and [i]why [/i]they are this way. The [i]why [/i]is where I lost points in. But otherwise, I'm happy with my score :P