Do they grade if you write outside the boxes on the exam?

For the Biology exam, I wrote outside the boxes because there wasn't enough space for me for me to finish all my answers. I have written outside of the boxes on all my tests, and mock exams, and no teacher has commented on the fact that I did this. I did not hear that they don't, until someone mentioned this today. Does this mean none of my answers will be marked?

Edited by anotherstudent123

Unfortunately, for my school, if you write outside of the box, they told us that the examiners can choose to read or not.

But I am sure the examiners are human too, they will understand if you wrote outside of the box in a rush! So don't worry about it. Just don't do it in your future exams. :nicole:

• Like 1

My physics teacher was an examiner. When I was in IB, she said that examiners only get to see the box by default, nothing else. Now I am not too sure about this next part, but they may request the entire scanned booklet to find your answer. So there is not only an issue of not scanning properly, but there is also issue of examiners having to do extra work to see your answer, which they don't have to.

In the future, it's better ro just request an extra booklet, bubble in the question number, and on your paper write "see booklet".

53 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

My physics teacher was an examiner. When I was in IB, she said that examiners only get to see the box by default, nothing else. Now I am not too sure about this next part, but they may request the entire scanned booklet to find your answer. So there is not only an issue of not scanning properly, but there is also issue of examiners having to do extra work to see your answer, which they don't have to.

In the future, it's better ro just request an extra booklet, bubble in the question number, and on your paper write "see booklet".

I was not made aware of the additional booklet! I definitely won't make the same mistake on my next exams. I talked to my school's IB coordinator today and he said the examiners get to see the whole page. These mixed responses are making me very nervous because I could potentially lose a lot of marks:hisfault:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...