Studies to Standard or too late?

I made a mistake and conformed myself with Math Studies in 10th and 11th grade (my current year) but just now I am noticing that many universities require SL, or simply don’t accept Studies. Would it be wise to change to SL next year (Senior year) if possible or should I just stay in Studies? 

I get 100’s on Studies, but I feel like the gap between Studies and Standard is immense. I’m planning on doing mechanical engineer (which yes I feel like I can take) or computer science, two courses / majors which require a minimum of SL. Is there any other alternative (other than VHS) that could allow me to enter top universities with Studies? 

Extra: I’m doing well on every other subject, so I feel like Math is the only thing bringing me down from achieving my dream university.

I think if you catch up this summer you should be ok. For example, can you take a summer course in SL math or an equivalent course? IB itself allows course change at beginning of year 2. What does your school suggest?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

I think if you catch up this summer you should be ok. For example, can you take a summer course in SL math or an equivalent course? IB itself allows course change at beginning of year 2. What does your school suggest?

I haven't talked to the teachers, but my Studies teacher tells me weekly that he notices me bored in class as I am "above" the content. The SL teacher and I aren't as compatible as teacher x student because the way he teaches isn't helpful for me (he goes too fast, hence not helping the huge gap between ST and SL). If I were to make this change I'd bring it up sometime next week but I'd do the change in the beginning of next year, as I feel it's too late now (we're almost halfway through the third quarter).