Paper 2 - question - Non-human elements in literature

timmy Lily

Now when more than 24 hours has passed after the Paper 2 exam in English A Langauge & Liteature, does anyone know what IB meant with the fifth Paper 2 question that stated the following: "Discuss the role of non-human elements in literature in at least two works you have studied". With non-human element, does IB mean concrete objects, such as a stove, an animal, a tape-recorder etc? 

Thank you in advance for the answer! 

How precisely did you connect them to Destiny? I do not know how to connect as of these works to Destiny (I have read Miller´s Crucible and Atwood´s Handmaid´s Tale). 

I essentially only wrote about symbolism. 

Edited by timmy Lily

Well for starters I wrote about Persepolis and The Crucible only and wrote about the main characters and how (or how not in the case of the Crucible) they control their destiny. However in terms of the Crucible I wrote that Proctor actually takes control of his destiny by the end of the play and chooses to die. 

I chose the inspirational one.. thought it was kinda alright as you can twist the question to fit what you already know etc.. However I had to use A Dolls House by Henrik Ibsen, StreetCar Named Desire and Carol Ann Duffy " A Worlds Wife" for my three texts.. Talked about the flaws present within society and oppression faced by women and how it is still evident within todays society.. Referred to Donald Trump too :P