English lang and lit

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Hey there I would like to know what books would it help me understanding paper one text , is there's any specific texts for paper 1? If yes could you please tell me .

That would be a holy bible my friend. 

• Like 1

On 6 May 2017 at 2:51 PM, Sally said:

Hey there I would like to know what books would it help me understanding paper one text , is there's any specific texts for paper 1? If yes could you please tell me .

Books would not help you to understand paper 1 texts. That is more to do with the literature course paper 1 but then again none of the works read in the literature course will come up in paper 1. Paper 1 in lang&lit, especially higher level has more non-literary texts than literary ones and there is a tendency to just throw one literary text in (out of 4). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 8:51 PM, Sally said:

Unfortunately, there are no books or any such thing available for paper, though you can surely find some guides online. There will never be any literary texts for paper 1 SL, but for HL there is one for contrast and analysis (see the lang&lit guide for details). In the end, it all boils down to how well your teacher guides you on this course.

• Like 1

Actually, I would recommend the English LangLit book by Brad Philpot (Cambridge Publications). It goes into just the perfect amount of detail about how Paper 1 work and what ways are great approaching them. Imo it's the best coursebook for English Langlit, and doesn't have overwhelming amounts of content.