Christina Dahdal

Hey, for my Extended Essay for History I want to write a comparative essay on Lenin and Stalin and the extent to which they followed Marxist ideology. Is this considered "trivial nature"? Also, how would I frame my question. I also want to utilise case studies from Hitler/Mussolini's reign to demonstrate that a lot of their policies were similar or even the same as Stalin/Lenin's.  Some ideas I had were. 

How successful were both Lenin and Stalin in following Marxist Ideology?

To what extent were both Lenin and Stalin implement Marxist ideology after the fall of Tsarist Russia in 1917? 

Edited by Christina Dahdal

If you focus on Lenin and Stalin. do not add Mussolini and Hitler as they have nothing to do with your Extended Essay.

The second question: To what extent did both Lenin and Stalin implement Marxist ideology after the fall of Tsarist Russia in 1917? does sound good, however I would still choose another communist leader, maybe Mao or Castro, instead of Lenin as Lenin was not in power for too long. 

• Like 1

Also, don't forget, you only have 4000 words. It may seem like a lot but they cut down fast. Between my introduction and conclusion alone I had ~800 words, and I struggled with only four main points. Don't overreach!