Sending IB scores to American Universities

abc7

My school doesn't have a strong IB program so I know my scores will be pretty low... Even though I'm at the top, I'll have like a score around 28-34 (I don't know my predicted grades, but that's what I think based on how I've done on the exams so far!)
I'm a straight A student, and I had a 35 ACT, so I got into a really good college. Now my teachers are going to send my IB scores to my colleges right away when they come out (in July)
Should I let my teachers send them? I don't think I will be getting a 6 or 7 in my HLs to place out of a class/get college credit, and I honestly don't want to place out, and I don't care if I get credit. 
My question is... does it matter if bad IB scores go to your college? Like will it hurt me if they send a 3 for Spanish, etc! 

Were your IB grades factored in at all when you applied to university or was your offer unconditional? If it's conditional, they won't revoke your offer, and if your IB grades never were used to send in an application, you can just tell your teachers to not send them, since the college won't care much for them.

17 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Were your IB grades factored in at all when you applied to university or was your offer unconditional? If it's conditional, they won't revoke your offer, and if your IB grades never were used to send in an application, you can just tell your teachers to not send them, since the college won't care much for them.

No, for U.S students (for most at least) admission into a U.S university is based on the SAT/ACT and your overall GPA. The colleges only knew that I took IB classes, they don't even really care if I get the diploma or not... so I don't think they'd care about my scores either, right?   

11 hours ago, samim said:

35 nice! I have a 34 composite but have been getting the region of 37/38 IB points. But my ACTs have really saved me!!

Thanks! 34 is great too! 

and, yeah man my school's IB program is so bad that getting a 30 is celebrated haha! 

5 hours ago, abc7 said:

No, for U.S students (for most at least) admission into a U.S university is based on the SAT/ACT and your overall GPA. The colleges only knew that I took IB classes, they don't even really care if I get the diploma or not... so I don't think they'd care about my scores either, right?   

Yep, they shouldn't care too much about what you got as your IB score or if you got a diploma at all. If IB wasn't mentioned when it talked about your offer, don't worry about it.