IA deadlines, ib policy vs school policy.

I was wondering if the deadlines set by the school are final? The ib coordinator at our school has set some deadlines but they are pretty tough to meet as we got a load of work right before our exams now. I was wondering if we are allowed to work on our IA's through the summer after IB1, because if I recall correctly all deadlines are due end of IB2 and the internal deadlines are not really "final".

thanks in advance.

So the IA's are usually due around April in IB2, so if you do not manage to keep up with your school's deadline it should be fine, although I do not know what your school policy is with not keeping up with deadlines. Anyways the IB will accept your IA in IB2 even if you did not keep up with your school's deadline. 

Edited by shellziess

I already talked to my IB coordinator, but since this is a brand new IB school, the coordinator is relatively inexperienced and very stubborn. Also he is a bit of a control freak and likes to use his authority. So I was just wondering about the deadlines, because i want to improve my IA's throughout the summer.

We have a school website where the coordinator and the teacher can see it. I will hand in something that will resemble my final IA, however he told me i cant work on my ia over the summer, which to me makes 0 sense. In addition to that, he also says we cant change our questions or redo IA's or change our subjects from HL to SL if we already have 4 HL's.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a really weird situation. Our school recommends us to work on our IAs and EEs over the summer just to make things easier in year 2 (because everything is going to be so much harder to keep up with if everything is thrown into the second year).

But the deadlines in my school are pretty reasonable with relatively nice space between assessments in all of my classes and the teachers are willing to compromise, so it's easy for me to comply with internal deadlines. Not sure about your case though.