It is required for us to complete the extended essay to move on to IB2

Sondre Brubakken

hey there

I was just wondering if it is normal for other IB schools to put an internal deadline on the Extended Essay in IB1. Our IB coordinator has set our deadline at the end of IB1 and if we do not live up to this internal deadline, we would fail the IB. He has done the same with many other IA's that we have done, and he has given us all of these IA's during the period of our exams stressing us out completely. If I do not complete my EE this year, can he actually kick me out, even though my grade average is 6 and I barely have any absence. 

Edited by Sondre Brubakken

Well, in my school we also have internal deadline for the extended essay, but that is in the beginning of IB2, like a week after IB2 has started. But we also have other deadlines, like handing in detailed plans, drafts etc. If we don't hand in our EE on time, our IB coordinator won't registerus for any exams. I think this varies from school to school though and also the rules might be changed form year to year so I suggest you ask your IB coordinator about this, he may give you a more accurate answer.

• Like 1