Difficult Logarithms questions

Chirag

Hi guys, I am going to have my logarithms (i am in ib1) quiz for hl maths. I am really scared for this, as I heard from some people that test questions are completely different from whats taught in class. Can any one please send me some tough questions, so I can prepare for some unusual question.

btw: Are school tests easier than final ib2 exams?

Best to ask graduates if your school's tests are easier than final exams. Hopefully not by much so you can be well prepared.

On the actual Math exam, very hard logarithmic questions are rare. IB likes to combine different topics into one question. So maybe you'll see a logarithms and series in the same question. Eventually if you do no get enough IB questions for homework you may want to purchase a Questionbank (newest is v4), which is a collection of few past papers, with a group of friends. 

For example you may be asked to solve the system
logx+1 y = 2, logy+1 x = 1/4. There is both logarithms and systems of equations. 

• Like 1

@kw0573thank you very much for your response. How would you suggest  me ti fully prepare. I have done every single worksheet the teacher has provided, done past paper logarithm problems. What else would you suggest me to do. y=Your response will be appreciated.

Not much more in the short term. In the long run you should build efficiency, such as get time for each 1 mark for straighforward questions down to 30s-50s. Also look to quickly identify what theorems or concepts the question is trying to test. That is, over the next year or so you should look to develop skills and strategies to tackle unfamiliar problems and do so quickly on the test.

• Like 1