College Credits and HL subjects

IJustWanaPass

Hello all,

I want to major in aerospace engineering and I would like to know how many college credits are needed. One more thing, I looked up college credit given to IB HL exams (5-7 grade required) and I would like to know on whether I should take physics HL or chemistry HL because both give 8 credits. I did some research and saw that aerospace requires biochemistry so now I'm even more confused about which one to take. My other HL subjects are English and Math. I want to be admitted into any of the UC universities. 

Do you mean how many college credits are needed to graduate college? To get accepted into college? I do not understand exactly what you are asking. Generally you should probably take Physics HL if you are going into aerospace. 

14 hours ago, IJustWanaPass said:

Hello all,

I want to major in aerospace engineering and I would like to know how many college credits are needed. One more thing, I looked up college credit given to IB HL exams (5-7 grade required) and I would like to know on whether I should take physics HL or chemistry HL because both give 8 credits. I did some research and saw that aerospace requires biochemistry so now I'm even more confused about which one to take. My other HL subjects are English and Math. I want to be admitted into any of the UC universities. 

Check with each institution as it varies on some level at each place. 

The UC system may be standard, but I don't know 

6 hours ago, IJustWanaPass said:

I meant how many credits are needed to get accepted into college. Also thanks I will take HL Physics 

See http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/freshman/minimum-requirements/subject-requirement/index.html

I was accepted into UC Barbara for Chemistry.
For history, I was an International student and I didn't have either US history or World history, but I did do a semester of Canadian history in grade 10, geography in grade 9, IB geography SL, and history/geo in grades 7-8. 

English and Math you should be fine. I took both SAT subject tests in chem and physics so that meets 2 science requirements. For second language, I took 4 semesters of high school French. If you speak (more importantly, write) Chinese, French, German, modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, or Spanish, you can just take the corresponding SAT test. Otherwise it should be quite easy for an International student to demonstrate proficiency in another language.

Art: I took 3 semesters of performing music.
For college prep elective, SAT Math II is enough. 

• Like 1