Hello! 

I have to decide on a math exploration topic but I'm not sure what I should do. I'm very confident in the binomial theorem, arithmetic and geometric sequences so doing something concerning this would be great. I know the rules are very strict for what others are allowed to say, but do you have any suggestions on things that are possible to investigate in these topics?

Also do you have general tips and tricks that could help me with the math exploration? 

Thank you so much!!! :D

If you look at binomial theorems and sequences questions from HL you might get some inspiration. Pascal's triangle relates to probability in both combinatorics and binomial distribution. The binomial distribution also relates to poisson (see HL) and normal distributions. Math HL Topic 9 (Calculus) has more interesting series. Mathologer on youtube, among others, give nice presentations on even more advanced series. 

I think if you just search for "math ia" or "math exploration" on the top right of this forum, and search under "All Content" and you may get some of previous discussions on this. You are doing great so far by playing to your strengths. Really like all other IAs, start early, look at the IB markband, and revise a lot. 

• Like 1