I'm going to miss my interactive oral presentation date because of a trip! (English HL)

hanwu

Mixed up the dates after a crazy week, now I'm going to miss my presentation day. My teacher used a randomizer to select the order and I got put on tomorrow, but I'll be gone! My teacher said the dates are final which makes me scared, seeing how strict IB is. Should I cancel my trip (there will be a pretty heavy fine)? Or is the IOP reschedulable? Thanks.

Well, the IB does say that internal deadlines set by your school must be adhered to. The dates your teacher set aren't the ones set by the IBO though.

If it does comfort you somehow,  I doubt the teacher will not allow you to do your IOP at a later date, if you contact her now and explain that there has been a mix-up and you have to leave tomorrow. Tell her that you'll be able to present the day you return. Most teachers are reasonable when they realize you actually need to leave, and you are not trying to weasel your way out of doing your IOP. I've had the same scenario happen to my classmates and my teacher didn't mind them doing it when the kids came back from their trip.

Thank you!!! For non-IB assessments, my teacher isn't very strict with deadlines, I was just concerned because she told us "IB Assessments MUST be completed on their assigned days at the assigned time." So the deadline date is for the entire school (which would be until the last presentation goes or even a few days after)? 

I remember I missed my IOP because I was sick and my school was very strict about not coming and they could only allow me to retake it if i brought a doctor's note with me... I would immediately contact your teacher because it could get a little tricky for you... But then again it depends on your school policies.

4 hours ago, hanwu said:

Thank you!!! For non-IB assessments, my teacher isn't very strict with deadlines, I was just concerned because she told us "IB Assessments MUST be completed on their assigned days at the assigned time." So the deadline date is for the entire school (which would be until the last presentation goes or even a few days after)? 

I think she's talking about internal deadlines here since IB assignments are due around February or March to the IBO.