freedom presentation

ajessie1992

[quote name='ajessie1992' post='29436' date='Dec 1 2008, 03:05 PM'][font="Comic Sans MS"][b]okay im doing my tok presentation on freedom and its limitations in america and in other countries as well but im having problems choosing an activity for the class that involves and demonstrates freedom and restrictions.[/b][/font]

can anyone please help??? :) [/quote]

You may want to narrow your topic a bit. You may want to discuss a particular type of freedom (freedom of speech? freedom of religion? freedom of expression?) Once you know exactly what your topic is, you can research more specific examples. Remember that it's only a 10 minute presentation. IMO, simply "freedom" is way too broad to cover in that time span. Gd luck!

[quote name='ivy12003' post='29494' date='Dec 2 2008, 12:13 AM']You may want to narrow your topic a bit. You may want to discuss a particular type of freedom (freedom of speech? freedom of religion? freedom of expression?) Once you know exactly what your topic is, you can research more specific examples. Remember that it's only a 10 minute presentation. IMO, simply "freedom" is way too broad to cover in that time span. Gd luck![/quote]
thanks but my full topic is american freedom versus the freedoms of other countries and the standpoint of the citizens. and its the BIG formal presentation that is 20 minutes long i have the whole thing finished i just need an activity that the class can do after the power point presentation on freedom and im having a quite difficult time finding such.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.
I have read your post and I think i have gotten the perfect activity. My teacher did this to us last year. She set out on her desk a bag full of sweets. Then when a couple of us asked her if we could have some she looked at us and said assertively "No!" Then she walked over to a group of students in the classroom and offered them some sweets. The students who had asked her for the sweets in the beggining of class immidiately began to scream and shout telling her that she showed favoritism with her students. She explained to us that it was all an act to show how people are restricted in this world because of their race, class, etc. and how it affects and restricts the jobs they have and their opportunities.
Hope I have helped.
Bye.