Paris Climate Change Agreement - How dead is it?

agncsw

I am planning for this to be a spread where people can post some links on the updates on the positive AND negative impacts of Trump's decision of pulling out of the Paris Climate Change Agreement. I believe that most of the information in this thread will eventually be really useful especially for economics, geography and ESS students so... You're welcome...

We can also talk about the claims and counter-claims by Trump and whoever is against Trump...

All-in-all I am going to keep on regulating this thread in case I find anything interesting. You guys can post whatever you guys think about it... right now... Thoughts... or maybe ideas on how to help us "stop" or "slow down" climate change.

Edited by agncsw

On June 5, 2017 at 4:51 AM, agncsw said:

I am planning for this to be a spread where people can post some links on the updates on the positive AND negative impacts of Trump's decision of pulling out of the Paris Climate Change Agreement.

I think you're going to have a tough time finding anything positive from this decision.

6 hours ago, Nomenclature said:

I think you're going to have a tough time finding anything positive from this decision.

Well, I've heard someone say that Trump pulling out of Paris gave people a reason to do something. After all, half the states and many cities banded together to do their part, so obviously some people were inspired to take action. We'll see if it has any lasting effect...

And China and EU are still cooperating, which is something. Maybe the agreement will survive a few years until hopefully a saner POTUS is elected.

I honestly don't know that much about it as I couldn't really believe it was real at first. The only stable argument I could find against the agreement is that there is a misconception that the Earth's global warming is caused by humans. To that I say even if climate change isn't real and is a hoax made up the government (or whoever they are blaming these days) I think that searching for renewable energy sources and decreasing our dependence on fossil fuels is a good thing. Global warming aside everyone knows that having a lot of pollution in the environment is a bad thing. Take Beijing for example. There was a dude there who vacuumed the air for 100 days and made a brick (http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/asia/china-pollution-artist/index.html) and everyone has seem the pictures where people are wearing masks to protect themselves from the smog. So there are obvious benefits to decreasing the pollution in our atmosphere.

If anyone has any other arguments against the agreement I would be glad to hear them as I just don't understand why Donald Trump would think it is such a bad thing to continue staying in the agreement.

Edited by 3la1ne