Urgent help needed for finishing the last part of IA experiment

dreamyslife

So... I am really struggling with my IA experiment. I used a stupid experiment that basically included having test patches with coffee on them, and then I was to pour different percentage concentrations of vinegar on it. I was then going to see how the different concentrations of vinegar would remove the coffee stain, or rather, the effect that it would have on the different stains. I am varying the amount of acetic acid concentration in the videregar by the way.

So...problem is that I want to show how the patches "lost their stains", and I need something else than my naked eye to prove this. The only solution that I have left now is to actually take a picture of the stains and then use Photoshop to determine the amount of pixels left of the coffee before and after.

So I was wondering, does anyone here have any tips on what I can do to "prove" that the stains were removed? I know I should have chosen something else..Oh, and by the way I also suck at chemistry.

Edited by dreamyslife

20 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

I think it's easiest to just define removal as "cannot be seen". The biggest thing you should focus on is explaining why acetic acid removes stain in the first place.

Okay thank you so much for the quick answer! Of course I will have to explain why the acetic acid will remove the stains, but yeah, I guess that I will just have to see the results for myself with the "naked eye".