About the 11th grade gpa and EA/ED

Minsoo Kim

I just finished all my 11th grade final exam and got the grade back. And...I am screwed. 

The courses that I take are Math HL, History HL, Bio HL, Chemistry SL, Spanish Abnitio, and English Lang&Lit SL

The final grade will be :

Math: 5

History: 5

Bio 5

Chem: 6

Spanish: 6

English: 6

Tok: Pass(7)

GPA: 3.87 in 4.3 scale

I did get 6 for my final exam for Math HL, but I was 2% away from 6.....also for Bio.

I heard that the 11th grade report card accumulates from 12th grade 1st quarter. So if I try hard next year, I think I will be able to bring up bio and math to 6.

If I am trying to apply for the university by early decision and early action, will the IB predicted grade count? Because I really need to raise the grade....

Do universities consider my 12th grade 1st quarter grade when I am applying for ED/EA?

Edited by Minsoo Kim

In the U.S. schools will primarily consider your standardized test results (SAT and/or ACT) and your class rank (They should have a general idea about your school and the the competitiveness of its student body). Universities won't really be able to judge a 3.87 out of 4.3 as it could mean anything. That's why they don't just use it. If your school includes your IB predicted grades on your transcript, then they might factor those in but generally U.S. universities don't worry about predicted IB grades. It's hard to say because it seems like your going to a "pure" IB school and I;ve only experienced U.S. IB programs as part of larger schools with the standard 4.0 GPA with 5.0's given for AP/IB courses.