HELP CUZ I HAVE TO DECIDE UPON THIS BY TOMORROW :))

kanda_sorata

Hello everyone!

I was wondering whether it is better if I have a 5 for Biology HL or a 7 for Biology SL. I will be applying for medicine next year (I am about to finish IB1 now), and I'm currently doing Bio HL, and my class grade is a 5 because our teacher is really strict, and no one has a 7. What do you think, if I drop HL to SL, how would it affect my application etc? 

Thanks in advance.

I think you should go read the websites, or listen to admission talks by the schools you're aiming for. You should confirm whether they require Biology HL or focus more on total scores, or something else like activities.

Are you sure the teacher won't relent later on? Is the grade based on exams, which are less biased, or lab work marked by the teacher, which is very subjective? And are you sure you'll get a 7 in SL? (Different teacher?) Maybe you should ask your teacher about it, if your teacher isn't the unfriendly/easily offended type.

Sorry I can't help you much.