History HI Topic Help?

s.h.

Hey, so I'm in Pre-IB and we have our HI due soon. My topic is "How were women of Canada affected by WW1?".

Do you think this is a good topic that I can get a lot of information on? Or has anyone here something similar and have any information that might be useful? And what are some tips for writing this HI?

Thanks

This is a very general topic and I would not pick it because this topic is overused even if you are doing a different country. Pick a different smaller scale war where women were affected... But then again I myself would not choose any topic that has to do with women because it is overused...

On June 10, 2017 at 1:29 PM, shellziess said:

This is a very general topic and I would not pick it because this topic is overused even if you are doing a different country. Pick a different smaller scale war where women were affected... But then again I myself would not choose any topic that has to do with women because it is overused...

I completely disagree. History from a feminist perspective is something that is neither a fad nor is it "overused". Even if it were, it is no secret that History EE's of even the most popular topics score well if they are well-executed and not derivative (The Cuban Missile Crisis being the exception). The O.P. may very well limit his/her scope naturally while planning out and writing the paper, but this initial focus is fine. The one thing that worries me slightly is the anthropological point of view trying to describe "all" women in society, but as long as the O.P. tries to recognize distinctions and not homogenize everything then the essay should score fine.

Edited by Nomenclature