Math SL IA Topic - feedback?

yara560

Hi everyone, it's my first post here, so hello!

I know there's probably a million posts about this, but I wanted some feedback regarding some ideas I had for my math IA. I was thinking of doing something like medical tests and probability, and then looking at Bayes' theorem, but I'm concerned that maybe this topic has been done before and I'd have trouble making it 'my own', or maybe the maths wasn't challenging enough for SL maths? 

My backup idea is probably doing something related to secret santa and investigating how to ensure anonymity and no one gets their own name, so looking at permutations and probability or something like that, though this idea isn't really fleshed out yet. 

Please let me know your thoughts, I'd be really grateful!

I like both topics. You may have to be creative in how you incorporate math into your second topic. I think next step is to look for references and/or data for both topics. You just a couple of personal perspectives and analysis in the IA and you dont need to invent new math.Best luck

• Like 1