How strict are IA deadlines?

Genuinega

It's too late at night to email any of my teachers and I'm panicking right now. Recently something came up and I have to leave the country and miss the last week of school; As a result I won't be able to complete my Chemistry IA experiment to gather data for my write up before the start of summer. Can anyone tell me how big of a problem I have here? Am I going to be seriously behind if I'm only able to start my IA experiment in year 13? My teachers have been really vague on the importance of the IA deadlines so I'm not sure if they're flexible or rock solid. Of course this is probably heavily based on my school, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Genuinega

8 hours ago, Genuinega said:

It's too late at night to email any of my teachers and I'm panicking right now. Recently something came up and I have to leave the country and miss the last week of school; As a result I won't be able to complete my Chemistry IA experiment to gather data for my write up before the start of summer. Can anyone tell me how big of a problem I have here? Am I going to be seriously behind if I'm only able to start my IA experiment in year 13? My teachers have been really vague on the importance of the IA deadlines so I'm not sure if they're flexible or rock solid. Of course this is probably heavily based on my school, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Basically what @shellziess said. My class started Chemistry experiments nearing the end of IB1 but no one actually finished until sometime in early IB2. Provide your teacher (and/or DPC) an explanation as to why you can't be attending, preferably with a supporting statement by your parents, and things should go smoothly.

• Like 1