French B EE - French language in Quebec

alleor

Hi, I'm trying to come up with a research question for my French EE. I'm thinking of doing it about differences in French language between France and Quebec, potentially to do with what caused them to develop differently, but I'm not sure how to make this specific enough to be a good research question. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

I imagine your focus will potentially become a lot narrower as you do more research once you isolate a certain phenomena you want to study. Full disclaimer: I didn't do a Language B EE, but I considered it and remember one of the example titles on the syllabus I got was about the development of yeísmo in the Spanish language in and around Argentina (yeísmo refers to a unique pronunciation the people living there have for the letters ll and y). The topic definitely isn't obscure, but it's a lot more focused than what you have now. So, basically you have the right idea; you just want to make it more focused. This type of Language B essay usually reads similarly to a history essay but the nice thing is that you get much more favorable grade boundaries ;).

Focusing on what caused the changes might be hard to pinpoint, but it certainly merits the title of "investigation" and you're setting yourself up for success. Best of luck.