Should I drop Math HL?

kiradesu

Hi, I'm about to enter my 2nd year in IBD and I have a pretty huge dilemma. My HL for now is Econs, English, Maths while my SLs are Business, Biology and Malay. I currently have a really weak grasp of maths HL and to be frank i am very uninterested. I plan on taking Econs/Business as my degree in the USA preferably and I dont know whether I should drop Maths HL and take Business HL instead. My maths is currently at a 3/4 level. I think my predicted grade for maths is gonna be bad and im very worried about applying into unis now :/

thank you in advance.

43 minutes ago, Chirag said:

Hi,

How did you go in Algebra as it is the most important part of the course?

i did but i wasnt even good at that, i think i could if i had more time but im really slow at grasping the concept. and i feel bad about my marks, 3 isnt decent for me. i never rrally liked maths from high school but in my current college, we dont really have a choice; it's just now that they decided we could change.

When you said you're uninterested, that made me want to recommend Business HL. Generally, students do much better in subjects that interest them than ones that don't.

However, though each school differs in curriculum and pacing, I found Math HL2 to be easier than HL1. Our school really focused on calculus in HL2 and that was easier for me than the statistics, vectors, etc. of HL1. Ultimately though, if you want to score well in math, you have to know all the material so switching might be a good decision. Otherwise, be prepared to review some stuff that you had difficulty with last year.