Need help with conclusion for chemistry lab report!

SwedishPersian

Hi ive written a lab report in chemistry about back titration and the problem is that after having calculated the percentage mass of iron in a razorblad (which was the task) i have no idea what to write for my conclusion. i mean ur suppost to draw a conclusion based in your results and if ive already calculated what we were suppost to find theres not much more to do. (i got 83% iron in the razorblad btw)

Any advice for what to write?

[quote name='Chookey Dawg' post='29675' date='Dec 4 2008, 05:39 PM']Not sure if it's really important in the IB, but our teachers tell us that it is important to keep conclusion from evaluation. Conclusion - findings, etc Evaluation - improvements, etc
SwedishPersian, where in sweden do you live? :D [/quote]
Technically, you should. However, there are times when your conclusion is just too short and you need some evaluation to lengthen it. I recall doing 'Conclusion and Evaluation' for some of my IAs last year, and seeing as I achieved a 7, I don't think they penalized it. :D

[quote name='moneyfaery' post='29536' date='Dec 3 2008, 01:20 AM']State your findings, limitations and evaluation of the experiment. Talk about errors/uncertainties that occurred and how these affected the result(s). Also mention possible improvements you would make to the method to reduce these errors (if possible).[/quote]

i go to malmö borgarskola in skåne

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='SwedishPersian' post='29515' date='Dec 2 2008, 04:24 PM']Hi ive written a lab report in chemistry about back titration and the problem is that after having calculated the percentage mass of iron in a razorblad (which was the task) i have no idea what to write for my conclusion. i mean ur suppost to draw a conclusion based in your results and if ive already calculated what we were suppost to find theres not much more to do. (i got 83% iron in the razorblad btw)

Any advice for what to write?[/quote]

Usually, for conclusion I will refer back to my hypothesis. What is your hypothesis?
And in the conclusion, I also write whether 'Hypothesis accepted' or 'Hypothesis rejected'
Usually I always adjust it so that i do have to write Hypothesis rejected.
Maybe you can refer to your hypothesis for the conclusion.

Teacher always says, try to justify using science why (what your graphs and data showed) they happened. He says "blind the marker with science language and refer to hypothesis". Make sure you have #Numbers# in your conclusion from your data, compare and blind that marker with technical science lingo.