How to survive Biology HL if you dislike it?

LifeNas

Almost 4 months into the DP and I'm struggling with biology.

I initially started doing Art HL but it was making me really anxious and stressed... and after 2 months and a half I changed to biology HL (the only course that fit my schedule without making drastic changes).

I went through a lot of trouble to be able to change courses:

-Had to talk to a crying/annoyed art teacher

-Had to talk twice to my school's counselor (at my art teacher's persistence) and insist I  was ok.

- Tried to persuade my IB coordinator thrice (until the point my parents actually had to come to school)

And I finally I did it.... And now I'm in big trouble -_-

Yes,  I was never good at science. Yes I didn't have any other choice. Yes I know that staying at art would've made me super anxious next year.

No I don't know how to catch up. Yes I've had an average grade of 2/10 in exams.

I'm not a bad student (I'm one of the top students in my grade). It's just that I've never had a particular interest in biology and I just don't get it, I don't enjoy it and probably wont and I just want to get a decent grade since it's one of my HLs. There's just too much to learn!!!:mellow:

I need some tips :/

Edited by LifeNas

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I suggest. Use Chris Paine powerpoints and IB Screwed Notes and also go over the syllabus. Then do all the past paper since the last syllabus change which was 2014 I think and do all the question bank questions and do these at least like 3 times. This will take time so dedicate an hour or two a day to studying biology.