Note taking

Alina Gallegos

What are ways you keep up with your notes and what you need to study?  Lately I have been looking at ways of how I could possibly organize my notes, but there seems to be so much content, I don't know what to sum up. What are ways you sum up your notes and keep them short and concise? I have a tendency to write everything down which isn't good because it takes a lot of time and I end up stressing myself out even more and not getting to the point. My main concern is note taking, in and out of class. How do you organize your notes and integrate them in to your study time? Any study techniques?  Also, it's summer, so I have been glancing at my textbooks for the new school year just to get an idea of the content.

hello Alina,

I dont think whatever I say would be fine when you apply it, because I simply have the same problem and cant get out of it :)

But what I will try this summer is to get syllabus of my lessons and take notes according to it. Try that if it suits you.

Hope it was helpful 

• Like 1

in class I find it easiest to type up notes, because it's quick and I can spend more time revising rather than writing out. Find the syllabus online and only make notes that answer each understanding point! There are also some great websites that summarise information nicely and answer the syllabus directly so maybe do a bit of looking around for those. Flash cards are also great - I like to use quizlet because I can just search up flashcards that other people have already made for their IB subject ! Hope that helps :))

23 minutes ago, katef123 said:

in class I find it easiest to type up notes, because it's quick and I can spend more time revising rather than writing out. Find the syllabus online and only make notes that answer each understanding point! There are also some great websites that summarise information nicely and answer the syllabus directly so maybe do a bit of looking around for those. Flash cards are also great - I like to use quizlet because I can just search up flashcards that other people have already made for their IB subject ! Hope that helps :))

As you said, I think during classes or lectures you should type the notes as the teacher explains or writes things on the board, or even if they're using a presentation, because in class you generally don't have the time to write out fancy notes quickly, and you should do that either after class, or at the end of the week or day, I generally think you should type them up during classes, and summarize, review, and write them out on flashcards or in your notebooks after typing them, so that you can be efficient and have nice notes to look at during finals or exam periods :)