CAS, no longer accounted for the extra marks given

I got to know that CAS is no longer marked and is not accounted for the extra 3 marks given to us. So, is it important for me to focus on the proposals and reflections of the activities I carry out? Because I take quite a lot of time writing my reflections. Also, how many hours of CAS activity do I have to do to satisfy the IB requirements? Anybody? please help me! Your help will be sooooooo much appreciated <3 !

I did not know that CAS ever counted for an extra 3 marks? Of course, I am taking my exams at the same time as you, so I am not a completely reliable source of past years' information. Is it possible you are thinking of the marks you get from your combined scores in EE and TOK?

You need a total of 150 CAS hours in order to pass IB. However, every school does this differently. For example, at my school, you must have 150 CAS hours total but only need a minimum of 40 per category (that is to say, you could do 50 creativity, 40 action, and 60 service), you had to do at least two different activities per category, and you had to have three reflections per long-term project: one at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end. However, I know at least one school which does minimum 25 hours in each category, suggesting that schools may differ across the specifics in terms of requirements.

Regardless, the absolute universal requirement is 150 total CAS hours with some form of reflection. 

Not sure if that helped, but maybe a more experienced IB student can answer your questions.

Also, I don't think you need to put so much time into reflections. Just say what you need to say (what you did, what CAS elements or learning objectives were involved, hopes vs outcome, what you learned, etc) and get it done. As long as you reflect reasonably then you will do fine.

I don't recall that being a thing my dude. 

the 3 extra marks come from the TOK + EE, I think you're getting them mixed up with CAS. and for requirement, you need a total of 150 but as someone mentioned above, each school has different requirements. So to get the specific amount of hrs you need for each category, you should ask your cas manager. 

CAS never counted for any marks as far as I know, but that doesn't mean you should just yolo it. Fulfill the requirements your CAS coordinator requires from you and don't leave it until the very last moment. Don't be that guy who gets a very good mark in your courses/exams and then doesn't receive a diploma because you failed CAS.