What laptop do you use?

blite

I use an Apple laptop, but it seems like your asking what type of computer you need for computer science? (Please correct me if I assumed wrong)

The reality is that nearly anything you buy will no matter the price range will be sufficient for IB Computer Science and likely you first year of study of computer science in university. The programs (and their accompanying graphics) you will be producing will be simple.

You only really need something more powerful for professional-quality video-editing, playing games, and some other uncommon activities. Personally, I like Apple computers for their reliability, but I could easily survive without mine. The price point of Apple products is disappointing and potentially exclusionary.

Honestly, if you're willing to spend $400 dollars or slightly more for a PC you'll get a quality product. With so many powerful tools at your fingertips like Google Drive through the web for free, there's not a great necessity for Apple's suite of applications or anybody else's. Unless you're trying to do one of the aforementioned resource-intensive activities, you'll probably be happy with a PC in that range as a typical IB student who writes lots of papers and surfs the web.