To IB or not to IB.. the ? Is now😖

Pati12

So I got a scholarship for the IB program. But I am really not sure if I should go for it. Firstly because I am seeing all of there warning comments on the internet about how hard and complex the program is. Besides that, I have some insecurities, like I think that my English is not much more that the average lvl. I am pretty happy with my subject choices, but in that school there is no chance to do Math studies, so there are only math HL and SL. I can say that I am not proud of my math skills at all.At least for now I think that I am pretty terrible 😐I am scared that math SL will be way too hard for me. 

On the other hand I would like to go to one of the top 100 universities, and it is just one of the  many reasons of course why I think taking the IB would be beneficial..

But still I don't want to be in a depression..Or to give up just in the middle of the program..

IB is not an easy programme, but it most certainly is not impossible. In my school only non-native English speakers took it (we didn't really have any native speakers there, tbh), and we had quite a few 40+ scores in my year. People like to make it look like it's impossible, when it fact it's just hard work. 

When it comes to your English, given the limited sample I got from your post, you shouldn't have much to worry about (unless you're taking English A?). Your English appears to be more than adequate. 

When it comes to Maths, I think a lot depends on your teacher and how much work you're willing to put in. I wasn't amazing or even particularly good at maths for most of my school career (expect for a short period in middle school when they changed our teacher to this absolutely amazing one), but at university, with great lecturers and enough work, my highest grades are now in maths-related subjects. :)

• Like 4