Maths IA Tennis Help

Lenehan220

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of completing my Maths IA and am a bit stuck on how to proceed. I initially wanted to look at modelling a tennis serve however, this soon became quite difficult as I do not do physics and was advised to stay away from looking at all the different forces (e.g. Magnus effect, drag) that impact the ball, making this idea quite hard. I then wanted to look at differences between male and female tennis serves by modelling some serves of professional tennis players however am not really sure whether the results I get from this will be significant at all. Finally, I also thought about videoing my own serve and comparing this with a professional player but again am not sure what that shows?? Also I haven't really been able to find data for professional players which I can model (so if anyone has any suggestions on where to find some that would be great). Any advice at all would be GREATLY appreciated right now!

Thanks in advance!