What sort of career can I pursue with...

Sunflowerr

Well, depends what your skills are and what your favorite subject is, and I didn't know you were allowed to take Physics and Studies together.

I'll add some other stuff

Translator, Archeologist, Biological Engineer (but I think you'd need math methods), Agricultural engineer (again, I think you'd need methods).

There's a post on what subjects you should take for which subjects in uni, but its VIP only so you could only access it with membership. [url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2440"]http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?...ost&id=2440[/url]

It's easier to think in terms of what careers you can't do with those subjects. Medicine, veterinary science, biological degrees, engineering, architecture, physics and maths are also out, since you need at least SL Math and mostly HL Math to study them in uni. Language studies in uni could be a possibility, although with Polish at SL it might not help so much.

I agree with Chesire_Cat, since you're not taking Math SL you can't really become a biologist. Maybe you should drop Bio HL and do another one? I don't know if that's possible for you though, depending on if your school offers Polish A1 at HL and if you're not in IB2 yet.

You could study business with those subjects though. There's so many specialized areas, like management and international business. Economics requires at least Math SL, normally HL. Subjects like philosophy in university usually require English at A1 since the vocabulary is very demanding.

History, geography, politics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, law? Journalism maybe?

Hope that helped somewhat. You could go to www.ucas.com, even though you might not be applying to the UK, and click "search courses". They have a range, and you can see what requirements they have and what appeals to you. Good for getting ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Easy thing... Sit down

Your teacher walks in the room and says" Hello Children tomorrow we are having a careers choice day, you choose what ever you want and go have a day with them"

Without even thinking about it, grasp the first thought that comes to mind and interests you, irrespective of your subjects, I.B isn't the end all and the be all...there is choices after I.B.

Thats how I know what I want to do.
Don't bring money into it, don't think about restrictions...find what truly makes you smile, you will probably be doing it for the rest of your life...You only get one life. Do what you want and remember the subject choices are not always restrictions there is always catch up courses. Your career isn't determined by what degree you do. My Dad got a PhD in Civil Engineering from Cal Berkeley (San Francisco) and now is a Venture Capitalist with no business background.

" Go forth with faith and trust and know that you will be OK"
My Dad

Edited by drewrow

• 1 month later...

I can only tell you one thing, if you go to college in America you can be anything you want to be. I'm serious about this and i'm not just using this cliche to be funny. This is true for most colleges. For very hard and competitive colleges like Harvard and Yale, this obviously isnt true.