Flexible IB subjects for Law degree in (Holland) or UNI degrees.

CelineLC

Hi I'm moving to Armenia this fall to do the ib. I want to study law in Holland, my school does not offer Dutch so I won't be able to take it for 2 years and dominating the language is pretty important for the degree. Dutch is not my mother tongue,as I live in the Dutch Kingdom not the country; The Netherlands. But I've been receiving education in it for 10 years so I hope I don't lose the abbility. 

Besides Law I would like to have a few other career options with my subject choices. If anybody has suggestions  in career options please comment or let me know what you think? (I'm fluent in Dutch, English, Spanish, Papiamentu and have some basic abbility in French. 

I've been thinking about:

English lang an Lit: HL

History: HL

Global Politics or Economics: HL

Math studies or maths: SL

ESS or physics: SL

Russian ab initio/ Spanish B (since I'm fluent): SL

Any tips or advice, to maximize my score and minimize my stress will be incredibly useful. 😀

There will never be a subject combination that does not cause any stress. Anyways History is very good for a law degree but not necessary so if you really wanna lower down your stress I would not advise you to take it. You need to check with your uni if they even accept Math Studies because a majority do not. Also I would not take physics if you are not good at it and do not enjoy the sciences generally. Russian is a very difficult language even on ab initio level so I would choose Spanish seeing as you are fluent in it. I never had global politics so I do not know the difficulty but economics is not the worst and a high mark is achievable.

Hope this helps :) 

Edited by shellziess
  • Like 1